JPMorgan Chase Custody & Fund Services -Traditional Fund Services Product Development - Associate in Boston, Massachusetts
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan Investor Services combines Financing & Prime Brokerage, Custody & Fund Services, and Clearing, Collateral Management and Execution under a common umbrella. These businesses occupy top-tier competitive positions; the combination provides an expanded, integrated and best-in-class suite of end-to end capabilities. Investor Services employs more than 14,000 people around the world and generates more than $6 Billion in annual revenue.
J.P. Morgan Fund Services provides fund accounting and fund administration services to asset managers for pooled vehicles across multiple jurisdictions across the globe. Fund Services at J.P. Morgan is one of the largest providers in the industry and a leader in providing services to complex fund structures including liquid alternatives and servicing complex asset classes. Today, we have over $1.1 trillion in assets under administration and over 1,700 portfolios.
The role of Product Development is to partner with the broader team to set the strategic direction of the traditional fund services business (TFS), develop new products for the business and work with prospects and clients on new services. The ideal candidate is an energetic strategic thinker, with deep knowledge of TFS who can define, develop, deliver market leading products that enhance client satisfaction, support sustainable business growth and deliver positive shareholder value add (SVA).
They should also be resourceful and execution-driven. Strong cross-functional/business collaboration skills are required as they will work across multiple teams within the bank. Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and verbal communication skills are a must. Also important are the ability to: synthesize large amounts of information into crisp recommendations; present and defend recommendations to a variety of audiences; manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion effectively.
As a Product Developer you will work with other Investor Services teams, clients, internal business partners, external vendors and industry forums to manage, support and grow our product offerings. In this role, your responsibilities will include:
• Provide strategic leadership to define and document the TFS strategy and take accountability to execute the plan as part of a large product team
• Actively participate in client pitches as the TFS expert, solution for clients leveraging a deep background in fund accounting and / or administration for TFS clients.
• Gain a comprehensive understanding of existing product capabilities and designing innovative solutions to new opportunities to build a scalable, efficient market leading service offering.
• Work closely with other Product Development, Technology and Operations teams to ensure successful development and implementation of new products and product / service enhancements
• Represent JPMorgan’s thought leadership internally and externally in industry events and through published articles for clients and media events
• Understand the latest TFS Industry trends to inform and drive growth and apply those to how we better develop our platform capabilities
The successful candidate will have a deep experience of TFS with additional depth of understanding of the marketplace, either through working in a similar product development role, or in an operations or client facing role on the servicing side.
The successful candidate will exhibit the following skills:
• TFS Experience - the successful candidate will have TFS servicing expertise from a background in operations, client service, product development, fund accounting or custody. Candidates should only apply if they meet these criteria.
• Strong execution skills - the role requires strategic thinking to define and design our service platform – combined with accountability and strong execution skills to drive and implement development.
• Strong independent contributor who is comfortable working in a self-directed mode on multiple assignments
• Ability to move product initiatives forward in a cross-functional and matrixed organizational model
• Vocal in challenging business as usual operating models and recommending innovative product improvements
• Strong written and presentation skills, ability to represent JPMorgan at industry forums
• Ability to devise creative solutions in response to client requests and strategic product goals
• Ability to map proposed product solutions against a diverse and complex technology and operations platform
• A strong team player and an ability to work in teams distributed across the globe, ability to influence across multi teams
• Current and practical knowledge of the Funds Services business with a specific focus on Asset Owners (Defined Benefit, Defined Contributions, Corporate & Private Treasury, and Not for Profit Entities)
• ERISA, GASB, IFRS, and U.S. GAAP
• Plan-Sub Accounting
• Donor Accounting
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.