JPMorgan Chase CIB F&BM - Earnings & Competitor Analysis VP in Brooklyn, New York
The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Finance and Business Management (F&BM) group provides financial advice to support the CIB's business strategy and helps to ensure a sound control environment. Within F&BM, the four major areas of responsibility are: Business-aligned BMs (Business Managers), the CIB Controller, Support Staff CFO, and Planning and Analysis (P&A).
The CIB Earnings & Competitor Analysis Team within the P&A group: (a) manages the preparation of quarterly earnings materials and documents with respect to the CIB's results; (b) partners with Investor Relations to support executive management meetings with external investors/analysts; (c) collaborates with partner teams on Investor Day; (d) drives thought leadership in competitive intelligence; and (e) ensures the accuracy of select regulatory filings.
Roles & Responsibilities of the VP on the team include, but are not limited to:
• Partnering with CIB and Corporate teams to structure and draft earnings documents
• Supporting and driving the competitor intelligence agenda including summarizing competitor strategic commentary and industry performance for a broad audience including executive management
• Developing talking points and other supporting information for industry conferences and senior management meetings with external investors/analysts
• Liaising with LOB teams/functions (Investor Relations, Corporate P&A, LOB P&A, etc.) for monthly reporting and ad-hoc analyses
• Assisting with the Annual Proxy Statement, CIB CEO letter and compensation planning
• Providing thoughtful input and structuring solutions to topical questions and ad hoc analyses on peer comparatives
• Collaborating with multiple stakeholders to support JPMC's annual investor day presentation (or equivalent)
• 7+ years of experience in the financial services industry with a top-tier bank, preferably in a CIB-equivalent line of business or equity/credit research with focus on financials
• Strong understanding of and ability to analyze financial statements and data for J.P. Morgan and its peer financial institutions
• Knowledge of CIB products and the financial market. Progress toward CFA a plus.
• Excellent written communication skills; ability to articulate technical concepts to senior management
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
• Prior experience managing smaller teams of 1-2 individuals considered ideal
• Strong MS Office skills (primarily Excel/PowerPoint)JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans