JPMorgan Chase Director - Software Engineering / Tech lead in Columbus, Ohio
CCB CBC Technology is seeking Software Engineering Director to join our Customer Profile Utility product organization as an Area Technical Lead and manage agile delivery teams. These teams work closely with our business partners/Area product owners to build strategic solutions that enable and exception customer experience and data quality.
As an experienced member of our technical organization and product team we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. Expertise in various technology delivery concepts including Domain Driven Design, API oriented development, microservice and event based architectures, and automation are essential. You will manage teams in building cloud based solutions leveraging modern patterns with implementations in both our private and public cloud platforms. Additionally efforts to drive down our legacy footprint and improve data quality are goals within this product.
We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
• Primarily responsible for managing agile software delivery teams and partnering with the Area Product owner.
• Deliver solutions leveraging modern technologies including cloud backed APIs and microservices utilizing distributed database technologies.
• Responsible for all aspects of technology delivery.
• Strong risk management mindset relative to managing risk and delivering technical tasks related to the solution e.g. breaks, defects, patches & upgrades
• Strong talent assessment and talent management background
• Mentor team members to progress their technical and professional skills
• Build and maintain relationships with business and technology team members.
• Triage technical issues and lead teams toward solving problems.
• Plan team capacity to accommodate demands.
• Build a diverse and inclusive team and culture within the organization.
• Drive down legacy technology platform footprint.
• Background in legacy technologies such as SOA and Mainframe a plus but not required.
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience Computer Science or related field.
• 8+ years of experience on technical Delivery teams and enterprise products.
• 3+ years of managing technical Delivery teams and enterprise products.
• Demonstrated proficiency in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
• Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals.
• Demonstrated experience building internet scale platforms from the ground up. Strong understanding of OOP & SOA principles, enterprise design patterns and industry best practices with experience using modern technology (e.g. Java, Cassandra, Kafka) and design patterns (e.g. microservices, APIs).
• Expert level experience designing and building REST web services at internet scale.
• Experience in cloud technologies and patterns (AWS, Google Cloud).
• Experience with automated testing tools and capabilities (Cucumber, Selenium, ATDD, TDD).
• Experience with high volume, mission critical applications.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience with tuning high volume applications.
• Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle, DB2, or Amazon RDS and messaging technologies such as IBM MQ and Apache Kafka.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational and management skills.Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans