JPMorgan Chase Firewall Engineer in Columbus, Ohio
As a member of our Infrastructure Development team, you’ll immediately put your love of technology into action. Each day, you and your team will be responsible for making sure our platforms, servers and networks are online and secure. You’ll work together, evaluating, selecting, implementing, integrating, maintaining, upgrading, documenting and designing our infrastructure. You’ll find new and creative solutions to troubleshoot and resolve issues. Communication is key, both in problem solving with your supervisors and collaborating with your co-workers, as well as other teams in the network.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
· BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
· Provide technical expertise throughout the software lifecycle including design, implementation and delivery
· Understanding cloud , virtualization, APIs, and modern software languages
· Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages: Python, Java desired not required
· Experience with developing frameworks that helps increasing developer and release velocity, improving code health and technical standards
· Advanced experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, database, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, large scale software development, security software development
· Understanding or have experience with agile and lean philosophies
· Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with clear communication
· Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals
· Experience in Network Services and network-related disciplines in infrastructure development
· Strong knowledge of high level architecture and technical knowledge of one or more of the Network Services products: authentication, administrative access controls, RBAC, firewalls, IPS, DDOS prevention, general network security, web application security, wireless technologies
· Willingness to learn configuration and automation development for testing and benchmarking for related hardware and software
· Ability to execute with understanding of best practices and JPMC policies top of mind
· Experience operating with colleagues across different time zones with a flexible approach to working hours (ability to work varied hours and weekends a must) in order to successfully interact and communicate on a global level
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.