JPMorgan Chase Software Engineer II - Java-Spark/ AWS Developer in Columbus, Ohio
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
As a Software Engineer II at JPMorgan Chase within the Consumer & Community Banking line of business, you will contribute to the enhancement, design, and delivery of software components for our cutting-edge technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable manner. As a vital member of an agile software engineering team, you will execute software solutions by designing, developing, and troubleshooting various components within a technical product, application, or system, while acquiring the skills and experience necessary for professional growth within your role.
• Participate in design and develop scalable and resilient systems in a timely manner using Java/Spark to contribute to continual, iterative improvements for product teams
• Design, write, comment and unit test code to confirm software modules are of the highest quality
• Build Micro services that will run on the bank's internal cloud and the public cloud platform
• Collaborate with teams in multiple regions and time zones
• Participate in scrum team stand-ups, code reviews and other ceremonies, contribute to task completion and blocker resolution within your team
• Proactively identifies hidden problems and patterns in data and uses these insights to drive improvements to coding hygiene and system architecture
• Contributes to software engineering communities of practice and events that explore new and emerging technologies
• Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
• Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and 3+ years applied experience
• Must have skills: Java\J2EE, Spark, AWS, Micro services, Python, Database Technology including both SQL and No-SQL, Kafka, Kubernetes, CI\CD and problem solving skills
• Strong experience with Java Spark coding
• Understanding of architecture and design across all systems and working proficiency in developmental toolsets
• Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
• Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
• Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
• Familiarity with modern data format like CSVW, Json-LD, N-Triples
• Exposure to AWS services like S3, Terraform Good to have skills: Performance tuning, AWS Stacks like EKS and EMR
• Exposure to Snowflake & Big data technologies
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans