JPMorgan Chase Strategic Business Analyst II - Fraud Risk - Columbus, OH in Columbus, Ohio
As part of the Fraud team, you will manage fraud risk strategies in the Fraud Policy area and perform complex risk analyses with the objective of reducing fraud related losses while balancing customer impact. This role will require frequent interaction and communication with cross-functional partners and presentation to managers and executives. The successful candidate will excel at creative thinking and problem solving, be self-motivated, confident and ready to work in a fast-paced energetic environment.
• Interpret large amounts of complex data to formulate problem statement, concise conclusions regarding underlying risk dynamics, trends, and opportunities
• Manage, develop, communicate, and implement optimal fraud strategies (including rules, cutoffs, policies, operational flows, etc.) to protect the bank from fraud related losses and improve customer experience at Point of Sale
• Identify key risk indicators and metrics, develop key metrics, enhance reporting, and identify new areas of analytic focus to better capture fraud.
• Provide subject matter expertise on strategy implementation/testing and initiatives related to the improvement of risk mitigation processes and infrastructure
• Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional partners to understand and address key business challenges
• Identify business opportunity by performing well thought analysis – Data mining, ensuring data integrity, synthesizing and communicating findings to senior management
• Assist team efforts in the critical development of new fraud pattern or spending pattern detection tools
• Providing clear/concise oral and written communication across various functions and levels, inclusive of Operations, IT, and Risk Management
Note: Depending on experience this could be a 601 or a 602 level position.
• Bachelor's and / or Master's degree (OR related work experience) in a quantitative discipline preferably in a financial services organization
• 4 years plus experience in fraud/risk/payments or related field
• Proven track record in solving business problems, AND/OR, Project Management Skills -- well-organized, structured approach. Ability to achieve tight timelines on complex deliverables.
• Required technical skills may include SQL, SAS, Teradata, Oracle, UNIX and MS Office related products including Excel (Pivot tables, charts / graphs and formulas) on the analytical roles
• Must be a team player; Excellent relationship management skills
• Self starter with ability to drive for resolution
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interact with individuals across departments / functions and with senior-level executives
• Strong knowledge and understanding of financial services
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.