JPMorgan Chase Wealth Management, Mortgage Quality Control Underwriter in Downers Grove, Illinois
As a member of the Underwriting Quality Control Team will be responsible for identifying and reporting incidences of non-compliance with credit policy. Issues identified will be logged in the Quality Control database for reporting purposes. Partner with business to also be cross trained in other quality control functions within the mortgage center to create best practices and solutions for process and policy enhancements.
• Underwrite mortgage loans for high net worth individuals.
• Underwriter is expected to independently identify potential risks and mitigating factors that could impact the customer's ability to repay the loan.
• Individual will analyze business/consumer financial statements, individual credit reports, calculate cash flow and balance sheet ratios as appropriate, review other relevant information, and recommend the credit decision.
• Underwriter to ensure the transaction adheres to mortgage lending regulations and appropriate credit policies
• The candidate should be detail-oriented
• Possess strong analytic skills and have problem solving capabilities.
• Individual must be able to work in a high production environment while meeting or exceeding agreed upon targets for volume, timing and quality.
• Must have a strong commitment to customer service and teamwork to contribute to high-performing teams through the development of self and others.
• Requires a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business management or substantial previous mortgage lending experience.
• Prior mortgage lending and underwriting experience preferred
• Possess strong PC skills
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans