JPMorgan Chase Solution Architect in Houston, Texas
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners' evolving technology needs and the firm's ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top CT priority is purpose-building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus is on:
• Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm's regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
• Advancing the firm's Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Application Portfolio and Platforms
• Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
• Driving innovation across the firm's corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
• Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
The role being sought is that of Solution Architect within Corporate Technology (CT) Architecture. Solution Architect defines the software patterns, architectures, high level design and application portfolio management capabilities for the entire CT application portfolio, all within the constraints of firm-wide architecture policy. Solution Architect is a stakeholder in the CT Architecture Review process. This role will report to the Head of Strategy & Architecture.
Strategy and Application Architecture and will work in collaboration with other members of the CT Architecture team.
• Responsible for the Portfolio Management and Rationalization processes that assess, measure, and support reinvestment strategy that increases coverage, health, alignment, and protection of assets
• Responsible for defining architecture and design patterns primarily related to the consistent and efficient integration of common technical and data services into application architectures
• Responsible for the definition of the architecture patterns that support business and technical strategies as identified by the application development teams or as mandated by firm-wide technology strategy
• Responsible for adherence to CT and firm wide technology policies and standards including the adoption of firm-wide Reference Architecture
• Responsible for defining CT-specific Reference Architectures as required
• Drive communication and collaboration on firm-wide and CT-wide strategic initiatives and impactful changes through weekly Architecture forums.
• Partner with CT Information Architect in the creation of high level designs for select common technical and information services where necessary to guide implementation align with architecture intent
• Responsible for participation in the Architecture Review process as a representative of application architecture
• Responsible for driving compliance with established software development lifecycle and release process
• Understand business requirements in order to design business and technical services (capabilities)
• Identify non-functional requirements relating to business solutions
• Decompose business services to identify reusable core technology services using micro-services and API design patterns (REST), SpringBoot and security frameworks.
• Document and communicate target state and assumptions to various stakeholders
• Create technical strategy and roadmap to execute target state
• As Design authority work with development team to make sure the solutions are built as per target state
• 10+ years of architecture experience across the four enterprise architecture domains: business, system/application, information/data and technical/infrastructure.
• Deep technical knowledge in both the application as well as the infrastructure stack in areas such as data management, networking, storage, virtualization, servers, messaging, databases, web and application tiers.
• Strong understanding of the cloud computing and experience working with the leading cloud service providers to migrate large applications to the cloud in the IaaS, PaaS and SaaS environments.
• Experience working with private and hybrid cloud platforms.
• Knowledge and experience defining and working with microservices and service oriented architectures
• Good understanding of the requirements to architect, design and manage secure systems and data stores
• Experience in developing solutions in collaboration with other corporate functions like Cybersecurity and GTI to overcome the hurdles of moving applications to the cloud
• Experience identifying, designing, architecting and building common services
• Experience architecting and contributing to the development and execution of strategic technology initiatives which demonstrate alignment with the broader business goals and overall technology objectives of a firm or major business unit or functional organization.
• Experience at developing a Technology and Application Portfolio Management Strategy and Rationalization that integrates with firm wide strategy and goals
• Well versed in the processes, tools and technology to drive integration and rationalization capabilities across disparate domains, both technical as well as business.
• Ability to present technology strategy and vision within internal and external forums
• Knowledge of the financial services industry preferably in one or more market leading institutions in Retail, Institutional or Corporate function.
• Experience working in large scale companies and ability to navigate the complexities inherent in such organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to simultaneously launch and advise multiple IT projects, supporting a number of customers on time and within budget
• Experience with strong big data, data ingesting, enriching, modeling, workflow, central rules engine for metrics calculations/reporting
• Experience with designing and architecting analytics/reporting tools/solutions
• Solid Leadership experience in managing large cross-functional teams and the flexibility to influence people at a variety of levels internally and externallyJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans