JPMorgan Chase Cloud Data Architect - Wealth Management in Jersey City, New Jersey
JP Morgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of over $1.1 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in Investment Banking, Financial Services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMorgan and Chase brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. Clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns More than 650 investment professionals providing over 200 different strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity Leadership positions in America, U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan.
About the Role and project
The candidate will function as lead Data architect within Global Wealth Management Technology in the CWM data and analytics team. The team works on conceptualizing, build review and delivering the next generation of Data and Analytics platform on AWS. The role will involve ideating, designing, developing, testing and support with end to end ownership of the new data platform.
· Design and implement secure data pipelines into a Snowflake/Redshift data warehouse from on premise and cloud data sources
· Design and implement data pipelines to prepare, process and organize data in the warehouse
· Design and optimize high performing data models for different consumption patterns from the warehouse
· Design and implement high performing BI dashboard integrations to leading BI & Visualization tools working with BI developers
· Design and implement high performing data pipelines feeding downstream systems
· Troubleshooting, problem solving and performance tuning of data pipelines and queries accessing data warehouse
· Creation of best practices and standards for data pipelining and integration with Snowflake data warehouses
· Ensure enterprise security and access control policies are adhered to in the solution
· Creation of architecture and design artifacts and documents
· Conduct design and code reviews
· Work with Business Analysts and Users to translate functional specifications into technical requirements and designs.
Bachelor's Degree in an engineering field with 10+ years’ experience in Data Architecture.
· Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues in an easy to understand manner.
· Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands and technical risks/issues.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Big Data analytics platform with full data pipeline implementation
· Experience Architecting, Developing, and deploying scalable enterprise data analytics solutions (Enterprise Data Warehouses, Data Marts, etc.)
· Hands-on experience in including data warehouse technical architectures, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools and Data Wrangling environments (such as Apache Beam, Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, MapReduce, Flume, AWS Glue, Pentaho, Trifacta).
· Minimum of 5 years of AWS Cloud Native developer/architect with Java / Spring Boot with Apache Spark & Kafka platform
· Strong in Spark, Scoop, Java/Python programming languages; knowledge of RESTAPI frameworks.
· Cloud Native developer with Java / Spring Boot with Apache Spark & Kafka platform experience
· Strong understanding of the data analytics tools, packages, offerings, etc .
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.