JPMorgan Chase Corporate - Strategic Data Sourcing- Project Manager - VP in Jersey City, New Jersey
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, commercial banking, financial services for small business and consumers, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
The Wholesale Credit Analytics & Solutions team (WCAS) is responsible for implementing key credit risk practices across Wholesale businesses and ensuring consistency in methodologies within Wholesale Credit Risk. WCAS’ areas of responsibility include Traditional Credit Product stress testing, developing the firm's authoritative wholesale credit risk parameter data set, reserve/allowance management, development and implementation of an economic credit capital model, the construction and integration of credit and capital limits, risk grading methodology, and the provision of strategic advice and solutions to the originating businesses.
The Project manager team within WCAS is responsible for program management for the implementation and execution of the data sourcing strategy; acquiring a comprehensive transaction portfolio dataset on a regular frequency to support CECL, CCAR and IFRS 9 regulatory compliance processes. The PM will be responsible to provide E2E management and visibility into work in progress across WCAS, QR and Operations teams, ensuring delivery against the various program milestones, and timely escalation of evolving risks. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneur thinker, team player, results driven and self-managing with strong attention to detail.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
• Very strong end-to-end project management skills from business case development through implementation.
• Ability to build consultative relationships with senior management, becoming a trusted partner for thinking strategically about the risk management organization and within the broader context of the overall JP Morgan Chase strategy.
• Strong experience in analyzing and transforming operating models to improve efficiency and effectiveness through technology enhancements, process re-engineering, policy, governance and organization structure.
• Project planning and analysis – including detailed project plans, documenting scope and business requirements, detailing issues & problems; drafting business and technical data flows
• Partner with Technology Project Manager to guide project team and ensure all business deliverables and tasks are completed
• Very strong critical and creative thinking skills with ability to synthesize complex data to develop business insights, fact base analysis and hypotheses to solve complex problems.
7 - 10 years experience in the financial industry preferred
· BA/BS degree required
· Ability to identify improvement to current processes and achieve efficiencies
· Ability to solve problems creatively while working in a dynamic and challenging environment
· Strong understanding of financial products, across Fixed Income and Credit specifically TCP
· Strong understanding of the drivers and measures of credit risk
· Strong team/people management skills
· Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to summarize information for and report to senior management
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.