JPMorgan Chase China Securities Company - Equity Research - Tech Hardware VP - Shanghai in New York, New York
About our Securities Company
China represents one of the largest opportunities for many of our clients and J.P. Morgan globally and is a critical component of our growth plans in Asia Pacific. With the country's continued liberalization of the financial sector, including its most recent announcements regarding majority foreign ownership of securities companies, we are committing ourselves to building out a world-class securities company in China.
About J.P. Morgan Research
J.P. Morgan's award-winning global research team plays an important role across all businesses, asset classes and regions providing analysis in all sectors and markets in which the firm operates. Using an array of advanced tools, models and data our Research professionals offer clients original and actionable insights, reports, commentaries and strategies. Our team is committed to offering first-class research. It's what our clients expect from us and its core to our value proposition.
Key Responsibilities covered by these areas:
• Responsible for China equity research product including thematic reports.
• Alongside product responsibilities, independently cover China companies;
• Contribute to thematic sector reports on China or cross-sector collaborations with other teams;
• Handle day to day client requests and needs, with a focus on clients who have interest in a specific sector;
• Communicate your team's ideas with a persuasive curve to internal and external parties; tailor your communications by client need/type;
• Organise fact-finding trips and channel-check meetings upon clients' bespoke requests or for investors tours;
• Contribute to furthering your franchise as a business by suggesting new approaches or ideas.
• Understands firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies.
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
• Strongly prefer experience of covering a specific sector;
• Ability to independently arrange fact-finding trips and channel checks meetings;
• Entrepreneurial drive with strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Ability to complete a robust model (base and sensitivity cases) from start to finish with little guidance; mastery of the levers in the model.
• Ability to discuss in detail you understanding of the fundamentals/drivers (competitive landscape, risks) of your industry/product
• Ability to take disparate pieces of information, synthesize them and articulate a compelling thesis or argument in a clear and cogent manner.
• Demonstrates creativity in solving problems. Always looks for new ways of doing things
• Thoroughly understands drivers of relevant markets and can explain and anticipate market movements
• Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs
• Ability to interact comfortably with business clients and management
• English fluency is essential
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce is directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable local law. In accordance with applicable local law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.