JPMorgan Chase CIB – Data Analytics – Digital Strategy & Fintech – Vice President in New York, New York
About JPMorgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader in Banking. The world’s corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank supports our clients around the world providing strategic advice, raising capital and managing risk.
New technologies and business models are emerging with the potential to radically transform financial services. The Digital Strategy & Fintech team will help drive the future of the bank – the intersection between traditional business strategy at a financial institution and new technology/ emerging trends. We are committed to embracing innovation and disruption and are looking for exceptionally talented people to join our organization.
In particular, this is a fascinating time for data science and artificial intelligence. We have assembled one of the most elite data science teams on Wall Street and invest significantly in fundamental AI research. What we build has impact; our products and solutions will reach 1000s of clients around the world. We work with the most advanced tools and concepts, make decisions quickly, and pursue those ideas that can scale and meet our clients and our business critical needs.
Who we are
The Digital Strategy & Fintech group works with all CIB businesses to help define their forward digital strategies, shape implementation methods and drive execution of critical initiatives. We are thoughtful in balancing due diligence with speed to market, and creativity with discipline in order to produce best-in-class, efficient, and thoughtful digital solutions for ourselves and our clients.
As part of the wider Data Analytics, Machine Learning and AI efforts, we are working on some of the most fascinating and challenging problems the forefront of AI and data science. We help JP Morgan build new solutions at the cutting edge of technology, across internal Data Analytics Groups, Machine Learning Center of Excellence, Quantitative Research and AI Research. At the same time, we co-create solutions with innovative thinkers and doers outside, be it in startups, emerging technology companies and leading universities.
We focus across the following pillars: (1) Defining a digital strategy across the CIB that spans opportunities for medium/ long-term differentiation, (2) Scanning the external landscape for new/ emerging technologies and companies, (3) Creating business cases and selecting an implementation plan with a business-driven mindset, (4) Building and implementing digital products through partnerships with Product, Tech, and UX, and (5) Governing the implementation and providing strategic guidance on all of our digital implementation efforts, including external companies and proprietary builds, in order to drive integrations and a more seamless client experience.
· Bring leading practices to help solve some of the most complex problems imaginable at the intersection of finance, data science and technology
· Develop new innovation programs that can further foster idea development and commercial product creation and build a portfolio of data analytics projects
· Work with our leading AI groups, Centers of Excellence and high profile initiatives such as ROAR Data. Interact with other high-performing teams within the firm to inspire innovation and champion change
· Help set the strategic directions for CIB Data Analytics and help establish business cases for long term investment decisions
· Drive execution of critical and often confidential data analytics initiatives of CIB-wide relevance and ensure delivery of projects, partnering with stakeholders in Technology, Data Analytics and other internal functions
· Evaluate emerging AI & ML companies against our strategic priorities; lead vendor engagements and PoCs inside CIB & drive pathway to long-term integration into production systems
· Influence decisions on market strategy, platform strategy, client engagement and implementing innovative technology based solutions at the bank
· Become an expert in emerging technology trends and insights
Successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· Professional experience/ expertise in Financial Services, Strategy Consulting, and/or Data Science within a leading technology firm for 5+ years
· Master degree with engineering major or business degree with technical focus; MBA degree a plus
· Advanced understanding of common machine learning frameworks and languages, data science SDLC, Microservices Architecture (Kubernetes/serverless), Cloud services (Private Cloud, AWS), data operations and application of NLP
· Proven ability to independently lead and accomplish large-scale projects in action-oriented steps; developing new products, services or experiences. Proven track record of setting project plan and deliverables and meeting aggressive deadlines
· Strong analytical skills, ability to think in concepts and highly organized work attitude
· Concise communication with the ability to credibly and compellingly present and discuss recommendations with senior stakeholders
· Practical business understanding with genuine passion for technology, data, and innovation
· A self-starter who is independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, operating in ambiguity, and delivering results
· High-energy, team-first attitude with motivation to work hard in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business
· A team player who works collaboratively and effectively across a diverse set of functions, backgrounds, and working styles
· Organized self-starter with demonstrated passion for learning
· Exceptionally strong client management and executive-level communication skills
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.