JPMorgan Chase Global Equities - Head of Cash Equities Trading, South Africa - Executive Director in New York, New York
About J.P. Morgan
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
The Cash Trading team is part of the larger cash equities franchise covering the SA market. The primary role of the team is to facilitate client equity transactions. Execution is done either on an agency basis or by dealing on risk using the firm's capital. Management of risk positions forms a vital part of the daily activity. Portfolio management is also a key component of the trading team's role. In conjunction with other parts of the equities franchise, the trading team looks capitalise on our expertise and generate incremental revenue for the business.
The opportunity is to fulfil a trading role within the Cash Equities team in Johannesburg.
• Execution of cash equity trades on an agency and principal basis
• Market making of JSE listed equities
• Gain working knowledge of in-house trading systems (Fidessa, NRG, JP Morgan Markets)
• Obtain working knowledge of program trading systems (Next Gen, New Gem))
• Report to senior trader
• Experienced equity trader with in-depth working knowledge of JSE rules and regulations
• Analytical and numeric with good excel skills
• Attention to detail
• Does not require much supervision
• Cash equities trading experience
• Program Trading and Delta One experience a bonus
• Ability to work under pressure
• Quick learner
• Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
• Team player
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• Registered Persons Examinations
• Registered Securities Trader
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Johannesburg branch) is an equal opportunities employer and preference will be given to candidates in line with our transformation and diversity goals. J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.