JPMorgan Chase Corporate Finance - Firmwide Financial Accounting and Reporting - Cross LOB - GL Integration - Vice President in Newark, Delaware
Corporate Finance: Firmwide Financial Accounting & Reporting - Cross LOB – GL Integration - Vice President
The Firmwide Financial Accounting & Reporting organization is responsible for the accuracy, integrity and timeliness of the Firm’s books and records, while providing reporting to both internal and external clients.
The organization closely examines the general ledger, operating systems and infrastructure controls across the entire lifecycle of the business to ensure the firm’s financial information is accurately depicted for reporting and regulation purposes. This financial information is used by analysts to assess the firm’s financial position; by management to make sound financial decisions; by investors to make informed decisions; and by regulators to supervise and examine the firm appropriately.
The most common functions and activities owned by Firmwide Financial Accounting and Reporting (FFAR) include but are not limited to the following: financial analysis, consolidation, reporting, balance sheet reconciliation/certification/substantiation, general ledger reconciliation reporting & governance, inter-entity control and governance, manual accounting/bookings to the general ledger and operating systems, and executing the month end close process.
• Ensure change management events are controlled and do not negatively impact the production processes and systems
• Represent Ledger, Allocations, Reporting and Reconciliation process owners throughout the project life cycle
• Liaise with technology and project teams to facilitate controlled change
• Provide subject matter expertise to various change initiatives
• Review and develop test scenarios, test cases to ensure adequate testing
• Govern and prioritize technology book of work for various systems
• Mentor and develop junior talent
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced desktop/spreadsheet/database skills
• SAP, Business Warehouse knowledge required and Frontier, SAP CO knowledge nice to have
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and execute in a constantly changing environment
• Ability to partner across all levels of the organization and influence decisions and priorities outside of one’s direct span of control
• Ability to understand business drivers, systems and interdependencies to deliver solutions to business problems
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business (or equivalent experience)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting or related industry
• In-depth knowledge of industry standards and regulations
• In-depth knowledge of firm’s products
• Experience with a financial consolidation and reporting system (i.e. SAP interface), knowledge of other JPM Chase financial reporting systems beneficial
• Experience managing a staff of skilled professionals
• Experience in managing process and workflow enhancement
• CPA license beneficial in some FFAR roles but not required
*Note:This role requires compliance with the Firm’s Consecutive Leave Policy.The policy requires certain employees in sensitive positions to be outof the office for a specified period each calendar year. Please askthe recruiter or hiring manager for additional details*
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.