JPMorgan Chase Military Pathways Direct Hire Program - Wholesale Credit Transformation - Credit Risk Analyst in Plano, Texas
The JPMorgan Chase & Co. Military Pathways Direct-Hire Program is a highly selective program that connects top veteran talent to essential roles at JPMC and provides candidates the training, support and exposure they need to grow into future leaders across our most demanding businesses. Military Veterans have a unique set of experiences and leadership abilities that are greatly valued in our organization.
As a member of the Military Pathways Direct-Hire Program, you will receive:
Induction training and acclimation support in your first month on the job
12-months of program support, coaching and career development from our dedicated Pathways team
Networking opportunities with your Pathways colleagues
Exposure to senior members of the business
Professional skills training throughout the year to complement your on-the-job experience
This approach will enable you to create a network and set you up for success as you enter your career at JPMC.
As a Pathways Direct-Hire, you will be placed in a role based on professional experience and business priorities, focused on one of a few areas including: Asset & Wealth Management, Consumer & Community Banking, Commercial Banking, and Corporate & Investment Banking.
To ensure continuous development throughout the program, each candidate will receive mentorship, guidance, and support from your individual manager, program manager, veteran sponsor and many other influential business partners across the firm.
Organization Wholesale Credit Transformation (WCT) is an organization focused on shaping a client centric, end-to-end Wholesale Credit experience, while driving consistency, speed, efficiency across risk management processes. The Wholesale Credit Transformation organization is a motivated, forward thinking team comprised of high-talent individuals with a singular focus of delivering innovative solutions. The position will work extensively with stakeholders across all lines of business to ensure the implementation of the process and system enhancements to fulfill the firmwide vision. Position The individual in this role will support the Process Strategy team under WCT to work closely with Risk, Operations, and Technology partners. For this role, we are seeking a results-focused and highly motivated individual to be responsible for coordination and execution initiatives sponsored by the Wholesale Credit Transformation team.
• Collaborate with team members to create detailed process and system requirements for WCT transformational initiatives
• Contribute to analysis of current Credit Risk Management business processes, systems, and tools
• Prepare data analysis to determine enhancement prioritization
• Assist in preparation of recommendations and materials for senior management and stakeholder
• Translate business requirements into user stories for technology partners
• Make process improvement recommendations and document Process Team best practices
• Execute test cases and document the findings and work with technology to remediate issues
• Create effective PowerPoint presentations that will communicate analytical findings and influence business strategy
WCT and U.S. Military Veteran Qualifications
• Enlisted/Junior Officer background with 4+ years of Military experience
• 0-5 years of separation from military service
• 1 year of Credit Risk Management and/or Analytics in banking industry
• Strong problem-solving skills; inquisitive nature and comfortable in challenging current practices
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Fluent knowledge of Excel
• Experience with SQL, Agile, JIRA, Visio or MS Project a plus
• Knowledge of traditional wholesale credit products will be very advantageousJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans