JPMorgan Chase WePay-Technical Product Manager, Payments in Redwood City, California
WePay is rapidly growing and actively seeking a Technical Product Manager to power our growth as the preferred payments partner for the platform economy. Do you have a passion for conceptualizing and creating innovative payments products and solutions for merchants, marketplaces and software providers? If so, then the Technical Product Manager, Payments role might be the perfect fit for you.
In this role, you will be managing technical integrations with our key partners (banks, processors etc). An intimate knowledge of payments and ability to interpret technical specifications will be essential to success. You are going to focus on innovating and building exceptional payment products, and lead certification efforts for new payment product functionality.
You have to understand payment needs to craft the best-in-class experiences to delight our customers. At WePay you have the ability to learn about a broader span of payments and you will demonstrate that payments expertise across our organization. You will gain a deep expertise in multiple areas related to payments, including credit card processing, ACH, POS, International Markets, Risk and Compliance. You will also get a deeper understanding of our customers across various verticals - crowdfunding, marketplaces and business management tools.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Lead certification effort for new payment product functionality with payment processors.
• Serve as project liaison between WePay and payment processors/card networks.
• Review Payment processor and card network technical specs.
• Define product requirements, create user stories, define acceptance criteria for payment use cases.
• Lead analysis, develop product requirements, manage scope and create test cases.
• Work closely with engineering through all phases of the software development lifecycle.
• Manage the product roadmap, maintain and prioritize product backlog.
• Educate and evangelize payments within organization.
• Review card brand/industry rule changes, assess impact and define solution to address the gaps.
• Set the KPIs and ensure we have all the metrics needed.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
A successful candidate will have the right mix of payments, technical and business skills:
• Master’s preferred, or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar.
• 3-5 years of experience working in Payments (credit card/eCheck/POS).
• Experience in working with Processors/ Credit Card Processing/ POS systems / Card present.
• Must have prior experience working on certification with payment processors.
• Knowledge of Financial Services Messaging (ISO20022 standard/ ISO8583 / XML schemas).
• Hands on experience writing SQL queries. Ability to analyze and query (SQL) payment data as required.
• Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented.
• Proven ability to work on multiple projects and initiatives in a fast paced agile environment.
• Strong sense of urgency.
• Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.