JPMorgan Chase Digital - Senior Staff Content Strategist in San Francisco, California
Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. Chase serves nearly half of America's households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. Customers can choose how and where they want to bank: 5,200 branches, 16,000 ATMs, mobile, online and by phone. For more information, go to Chase.com.
Chase is undertaking an aggressive digital transformation that builds on our successful mobile and online service offerings. We’re invested in using digital innovation to deepen customer engagement and profitability; position us as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments; and enable us to deliver the highly personalized, real time experience customers increasingly expect.
As a digital content team, our mission is to refine and advance our Chase voice & tone across all our digital products and platforms, creating the best possible experience for our current and prospective customers.
The person in this role will:
• Lead the creation and execution of the content strategy for our wealth management, business and commercial digital customers
• Manage/coach a group of direct reports, including hiring and onboarding when needed, managing performance and career development, overseeing and identifying opportunities for continued development, and ensuring positive morale and team culture
• Oversee the work output for multiple teams of content strategists and writers to execute strategic vision
• Contribute to the success of the larger digital content team, partnering with team members to deliver best-in-class content for our digital products
• Help lead larger conversations within the content team to help define ongoing vision for content as a whole, as well as define and improve roles and responsibilities, processes and workflows
• Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports and others on their teams in the area of content strategy, and ensure quality execution of strategy and voice & tone
• Partner with direct reports and other partners to identify areas of opportunity, including process improvements, training opportunities, success sharing, etc.
• Create strong relationships with partners outside content to be aware of and create solutions for any roadblocks and help promote overall success
• Support their teams by removing roadblocks and serving as an escalation point to help direct reports identify resource needs, tools and processes needed for each team to execute
• Help direct reports identify, track and report metrics related to content strategy and voice & tone execution
We’re looking for a seasoned content strategist with a proven track record of success, including:
• Seven or more years of experience creating comprehensive content strategies (financial services and/or digital experience preferred) and defining nuanced voice & tone
• At least 15 years of experience writing and editing customer-facing content for the digital space.
• At least 5 years experience managing teams of writers, editors and content strategists; experience leading multiple teams and managing other managers preferred
• Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to oversee schedules and processes for multiple teams, identify and remove roadblocks and work toward continuous improvement
• Proactive, solutions-oriented and very attentive to detail, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience leading teams in the execution of documented standards for copy and a nuanced voice & tone
• Experience working in cross-functional teams, partnering with and presenting to senior-level designers, researchers, usability specialists, product managers, legal and compliance experts and line-of-business owners
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree, preferably in English, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising or other communications-related field
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.