JPMorgan Chase Software Engineering - Java/J2EE in Tampa, Florida
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Within Chase, Commerce Solutions is a leading provider of merchant services, offering proprietary platforms that enable integrated solutions for all payment types, including credit, debit, prepaid stored value and electronic check processing as well as digital, alternative and mobile payment options.
As a Chase employee, you’ll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. With a focus on customer service, you’ll put others first, do what’s right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next – for you and for us.
As a Associate Software Engineer you will design, create and support objects in technologies such as: Java/J2EE, AngularJS, Oracle PL/SQL & sql and .Net. You'll be interfacing with the user community to collect and document requirements for various projects following Waterfall & Agile Scrum methodologies.
• Adheres to architecture standards, risk management and security policies, leading presentations in architecture review, strategic technology directions, best practice development (e.g., estimating models), mentoring less experienced team members, code reviews
• Responsible for design, build and maintenance of software applications for Chase Card Services Data Warehouse
• Designs, analyzes, develops, codes, tests, debugs and documents programming to satisfy business requirements
• Will deliver the assigned work within specified timelines with high quality
• Should possess good communication skills and solid knowledge on software delivery lifecycle in large Warehouse environment
• Will participate in every phase of software delivery life cycle including Requirement, Analysis & Design, Build Code, Unit Test, Support system and Integration testing, Implementation phase and post implementation support
• Will write and enhance Technical specifications based on functional specifications
• Will produce Unit test case results, Implementation plans, Application Support Guide using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
• Develop code using Java, Oracle, Unix (Korn Shell scripts), PL/SQL, and Scheduling tools
• Thoroughly perform unit testing ensuring minimal code defects out of build phase into system test phase
• Provides the project manager/supervisor with timely and accurate information regarding the performance of the assigned projects(s)
• Understand scope of work and work closely with PM's, BSA's, UAT team, Tech Ops and individuals from other groups
• Identify and communicate potential impacts of a change/issue to other areas
• Demonstrates sound analytic and diagnostic skills dealing with issues
The member of the Data Integration team will perform the following tasks:
• Project management Support - evaluates and determines whether we can support project goals.
• Report development support - familiarizes developers with in-house tool sets, enforces standards and compliance.
• Application development support - assist in creating interfaces to integrate BI in .net or java applications.
• User Support - assist when users have difficulties or encounter product deficiencies or issues.
The points below have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these, with or without a reasonable accommodation, for your application to be considered.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 3+ years experience as a software developer
Minimum 3+ years’ experience with Java, J2EE
Minimum 3+ years Oracle, PL/SQL including triggers, stored procedures, queries, etc. (Oracle 11g)
Minimum 3+ years’ experience with large Data Warehouse and handling high data volumes
Required Skills - two to four years’ experience in the following:
• Master of Linux/Unix Administrator skills (2-4 years)
• Experience with automating manual processes using Java or Unix script utilities• Ability to install and configure third party and homegrown applications, Apache, Tomcat
• Fundamental knowledge about databases and SQL queries
• Experience with system level metrics and performance analysis
• Business analysis with good Oral and written communications
Experience in Financial Industry with exposure to ETL
Experience in Informatica Administration
Experience with other Informatica Component Modules including PowerExchange, IDQ, etc.
Experience with Unix and Shell Scripting
Experience developing/consuming web services using REST, JSON etc
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.