JPMorgan Chase Java Software Engineer in Wilmington, Delaware
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
The senior associate software engineer will be very hands on. As second to the lead, this role may absorb some of the lead responsibilities for the group and could have limited lead responsibilities. The right candidate will have a strong Java background, experience with Spring Boot, and ideally experience with any of the major cloud platforms (preferably AWS or Cloud Foundry). This role will work with the design authority to refine and create executable applications and should be well versed in various stages of the SDLC, such as development, testing, documentation, and post-production experience.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
• Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
• Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
• Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
• Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
• Participates in the development function for the Chase Loyalty Solutions Platform that includes multiple internal facing web applications, middleware services supporting external facing mobile/web applications, batch programs and databases. Work will include all aspects of software engineering lifecycle concentrated with web development using Java/Java Scripts/Spring/Micro Services/Cloud/Data Streaming/NoSQL Database solutions platform and databases.
• Lead technical designs and be part of a team of geographically distributed analysts and developers responsible for the program’s software solutions engineering function. Develop productive working relationships with business, technology, infrastructure, architecture and enterprise technology teams that participate in the SDLC and ensure coverage of all aspects of application development and delivery.
• Interpret functional specifications, create technical specifications and have the ability to deliver quality code to specification. Produce comprehensive test cases for all developed code. Must also support and participate in system and integrated testing across sub-systems as the need arises. Should have test-infected attitude (strong desire to perform thorough and exhaustive unit, integration and system testing).
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.